Time traveler…

118071708_2626018117652153_1875005978711688683_o

As a child, I couldn’t wait for time to pass.  What kid doesn’t?  In fact, I often prayed that it would just skip or run along at a maddening pace and move me to a better place.  But, almost like a punishment, it moved even slower and at times it felt as if it was moving in reverse.  All I could do was imagine what the future might be like if, and when, I arrived at my long-visualized moment in time.

I know, I know, be careful what you wish for.  I hear you Aesop, loud and clear.  Wishes are all a child might have on the twisted road leading to adulthood.  And childhood dreams are a pathway, even a needed escape.

Suddenly, you find yourself right here only now you look back and wish all that time was still in front of you.  The chance of any moments standing still, even lingering like a lazy summer afternoon, have become one more forgotten dream.

workshop-button-1From Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop… Write a blog post in exactly 10 lines.

Comments

1. madamdreamweaver says:

I remember that slow time feeling about Christmas. It was like it would never arrive. Now, it comes far too fast.

I agree, wholeheartedly. The magic leading up to Christmas, which started weeks before, was such an exciting feeling.

Now, the holiday comes at us like a runaway train, just as summer ends.

2. Astrid says:

Oh, I honestly never wished time to move fast when I was a child. I had an intense fear of growing up and the future.

Thanks for such an eloquent post anyway.

Seems we both were children with different focus on growing up. Mine was simply to escape and hope that the future would be a better place.

Thank you, Astrid!

Yes! I wanted so badly to be an adult. I try to remind myself now to enjoy the ride since I know that this precious time I have now with my kids at home is about to whiz by as well. Too fast.

So true, Kat. With every, “Mom, can you take me….”, “Mom, come pick me up!”, “Mom, can I come with you?”…finds you looking out the window as they pull out of the driveway. I go through this now with the two of our Grandkids who live here…they both have their own wheels and on the rare occasion that I go out with them, I feel like “Driving Miss Daisy”.