Summer Slump

I’m not on vacation, haven’t been and don’t plan on going anywhere.  Work consumes my life, six days a week,  and this isn’t whining on my part  just the realization that, for so many of us struggling to survive in this economy, having any type of work is better than being jobless.

However, I am wallowing in one helluva major Summer Slump, yesireeee!  Just look at me…..

Pretty bad, eh?

Well, this actually isn’t  ME  but it’s how I’m feeling, deep within the recesses of my being,  at present.  It’s been difficult to muster up much in the way of any intelligent, even stupid, blog posts much less keep up with all my favorite blog-people lately.  Part of that is from being less-than-thrilled with WordPress and the complete inability to install any type of Blogroll updater plug-in on my site, similar to what is offered on good ol’ Blogger who… I never thought I’d miss.

Next is the yet unexplained lack of function from Bloglovin’who bit the dust three weeks ago as far as daily e-mail notifications on registered blogs that people follow.    Countless messages to Bloglovin’s hierarchy go un-answered and even posting on their Facebook page brings no response.

Okay, okay, I’m cranky as hell and will proceed in another direction just to let off steam.

Jersey Shore.  Yup, I watched it last evening for no good reason other than being freaking bored out of my mind and…I will never, ever watch it again.

Friends and neighbors, if what is featured on this show represents the future of civilization, we are in very deep shit, either that or the cast of this show sucks on lead paint chips…along with everything else.   Especially “Snooki”, a modern-day version of an X-rated Smurf!

Point:  These mindless, morally-compromised, individuals are in Florence, Italy.

Point: The Vatican is not located in..Florence, Italy, aside from what their alcohol-saturated, 3 watt bulb mentalities think; that holy place is a city-state within Rome.  But, I didn’t have to tell any of you that, did I?

Before anyone leaves comments  about “this is how young people act”…save your energies!  I’m tuned-in to “smushing”, “cuddling” and acts of meaningless, wanton sex amongst young people but when these kids don’t have basic geographic knowledge of what’s out there in our world and land on a hit television show, it sickens me.  What teachers and schools in New Jersey, or elsewhere,  passed this group of village idiots from grade to grade? (New York shares in the blame since ol’ “Snooki” hails from Monticello as my pal No.7  nicely informed me.  I stand corrected.)

Know what else?

Nevermind.  Just gonna sit here,  puff on my stogie and think about moving back to Blogger.  I’ve bored you enough.

Comments

1. artsynina says:

I think everyone has hit a summer slump or two in the blogging world. Less time to read = less readers = less bloggers blogging. Or something like that 🙂

2. Kelli @ No. 7 says:

I hate to break it to you, Patty but Snooki is from Monticello. That's right. Good ol' New York and just up the road. AAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Sorry you are hating WP. Want to write an essay for me? I now have a week and a 1/2 to do it. Tic Toc…whose idea was this anyway (cough, cough)

• Slidecutter says:

I like WP but dislike not being able to see the latest posts of all I heart. Have tried two different Blogroll-type plug-ins that just won't cooperate. And, yes, I'm dayum pissed-off at Bloglovin' for not responding, just to me, but to others who are having the same issues.

I just went in and updated my post to reflect the fact that "Snooki" comes from upstate NY; just don't know how she ever achieved graduating from 2nd grade. It probably took her like twelve years.

Essay? On what? I might be coerced. I have no life anyway, might as well involve myself in yours….

3. Kelli @ No. 7 says:

and p.s. I take serious offense to the fact that you used my photo in your post. How DARE you!

• Slidecutter says:

That photo is of my sister-out-law, I'll have you know! It's her Passport photo and no wonder why Sweden won't let her back in….

4. meri says:

I haven't seen the Jersey Shore yet- I might just keep it that way and try to come out sort of ahead… Sorry about the Summer Slump- perhaps a nice Corona or daiquiri on the porch would "transport" you elsewhere?

• Slidecutter says:

Meri…don't go there. It's a horrible show, really. I rate it down there with Housewives of New Jersey (and all the other places) where having money does not give any of these wenches class and……(ugh) Toddlers and Tiaras which should be outlawed. Why any mother would so blatantly prostitute their child like this is criminal.

As you can tell, I'm in a sparkly mood today. Sorry…:(((((((

ROFL….yessss….I responded on BF last night!!!!

6. Jordan says:

That is definitely not the future of civilization. There are many wonderful, intelligent, ambitious young people out there. I know quite a few myself. 🙂 I hope you feel more upbeat soon. Perhaps you could give yourself a mini spa night at home with a girlfriend or work on some craft projects you've been wanting to do. OR you could bake some yummy cupcakes, or just go get the $3 ones at WinCo, the frosting is so good!

• Slidecutter says:

I agree with you Jordan and imagine that a reality show featuring all those intelligent and ambitious young people just wouldn't attract many viewers. Sad, isn't it?

Crafts….ahhhh, yes. Have some great Fall knitting/crocheting books I've yet to open and a multitude of other projects…waiting. And, you just reminded me of a post I need to do on the Wedding Cake I made for my son and new DIL last month.

I'll get busy…..

7. cinfulcinnamon says:

A little off topic, but you have ANOTHER versatile blogger award on my blog.

8. katieross83 says:

Can I just say AMEN!? About everything?! Because, everything you wrote here I can relate to and understand perfectly. Particularly the bit about the summer slump. I am there with you sister!!! I can't even share a picture of myself right now, because I broke the camera.

Oh, and those Jersey Shore idiots are idiots…and I agree if they represent our future, then we're in some DEEP shit.

Oh Katie, I just wish my butt-dragging would end! Getting to Friday each week used to be a major dose of excitement but, lately, even that still feels like a Monday!

Maybe I'm just ready for a change of season; boots, sweaters, fireplaces, falling leaves and more.

I thought Bridezilla's was a show right out of the toilet but, Jersey Shore gets the Ty-D-Bowl award!

9. doreen says:

I seriously fear for my old age. This generation is a wasteland of narcissists like the Jersey Shore idiots and the baby killing Casee Anthony. We are in deep shit!

I agree, Doreen, the road ahead is dayum scary! Mostly, I fear for my Grandkids and the type of role models that will be out there for them as they mature.

What could I possibly say about Casey Anthony that millions haven't stated already except that payback comes when people least expect it. Can't wait until she slides back into Orlando….

10. OKinUK says:

COME BACK! COME BACK TO BLOGGER!!!

I'm really thinking about it, Mollie. I don't want to start a pattern of blogsite-bouncing but WP isn't cooperative with a lot of add-ons that make having a blog easier….like on Blogger.

Thinking, thinking, thinking……

11. Adrienne says:

I love blogger… Husband thinks that I should change to wordpress… But I am happy with blogger for now. Anyway… Not that I would know what to do with WordPress when I did get it… Heh.

I hate those stupid ass reality TV shows… I don't understand them at all. Thankfully… I live in Germany on an American Army Instillation… And WOO HOO… I don't watch TV lol. We're not going to pay out our butts for crap like that… ESPECIALLY since I can watch ALL of my favorite TV shows ONLINE for FREE! lol. 🙂 Maybe a lot of them have to do with Vampires… But at least that's creative, right??

Stopping by from FTLOB – Comment Love Sunday!
    I hope you're weekend was fabulous and your Sunday GREAT! <3

Honestly, Adrienne, WP is verrrrrrrry techy! It's an entirely new learning process trying to navigate the site.

Lucky you in not having to see these dumbassed shows zip across your tv screen. I'll admit to channel-surfing and taking a peek, then I want to slap myself, lol

Thanks for visiting….isn't FTLOB a great place? So many special people there!

12. LMAO! I watch it for pure entertainment! They are one bunch of "not so smart ones" They do lack class and all basic human courtesy!

In all reality, GG, for a group of non-smarties, they are sure raking in the cash for their stupidity; gotta given them that, if nothing else!

13. chandra says:

Love the rant and you are dead on about those reality tv shows. Nice to see someone is keeping it real for a change! And that photo…reminds me of grade school and Ms. Ethel who worked in the cafeteria! Just like her…wrinkles, ponytail, and sneaking outback for a smoke!

I am a ranter, Chandra; guess it's a Virgo thing. I blame a lot of behaviors on my Virgoan sign.

Oddly enough, at work today, some elderly woman strolled in and, except for the ceeegar, she looked like that pic; I almost lost it, lol

Thanks for stopping-by!

14. Morgan says:

Oh, oh oh! I have been missing this place like mad! And do I even admit that I am a Jersey Shore watcher as well? It's terfible, and completely shameless. I hear you about the summer slump, big time. When work takes over–it's hard to write…to catch up…but after a few posts it comes back to you. Or at least this is what I am promising myself! Loved this post.

Heyyyyy Morgan!!

I promise that I won’t hold it against you for watching JS, lol.

Summer will soon be over and many of us will be huddled back in front of our keyboards, steaming cup of something nearby, and blog-life will resume, once again.

Have missed ya, lady!!