This is positively weird, even silly, but I couldn’t resist sharing this cocktail.
Not just any gum, we’re talkin’ good ol’ Double Bubble here!
Oh stop! Don’t go “eeewwww” and stick up your nose, where is your sense of adventure? Give it a try…okay?
You will need…
- 16 pieces bubblegum, preferably Double Bubble, cut in half
- 2 cups (16 ounces) vodka
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) freshly squeezed lemon juice (from ½ lemon)
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) freshly squeezed lime juice (from ½ lime)
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) simple syrup
- 1/2 egg white* or 1 tablespoon pasteurized liquid egg whites (optional)
- 1 cup ice
*The egg white in this recipe is not cooked. If there is a problem with salmonella in your area omit the egg white or use pasteurized egg whites.
In large airtight container, combine bubblegum and vodka. Seal and allow to infuse, stirring every 6 hours, for 24 hours. Pour vodka through fine mesh strainer, discarding bubble gum.
In cocktail shaker, stir together 2 ounces bubblegum-infused vodka, lemon juice, lime juice, simple syrup, and egg white if using. Add ice and shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Strain into a chilled coupe (champagne) glass.
So pretty in pink….and tasty, too!