Thirsty Thursday – Orange Wedge Jell-O Shots

What you’ll need:
2 oranges
1 package orange flavored Jell-O
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup Vodka

Directions:
1. Slice oranges in half. Using a spoon, scoop out all the flesh and divider pith. Put aside for later use.
2. In a bowl, mix Jell-O and boiling water using a wire whisk. When all of the Jell-O has dissolved, add vodka and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour liquid Jell-O into orange halves. Cover with plastic cling wrap and refrigerate for approximately 4 hours, preferably overnight.
4. Once Jell-O is firm, slice each half into 3 wedges and serve.

Makes 12 Jell-O shots.

Comments

1. traci says:

Love it! Thanks Patty!!

You are welcome! Just doing my part to keep all those happy smiles coming, lol

3. April says:

What a great idea! And so pretty! Stopping by from FTLOB.

4. Roxy C says:

Patty these look amazing and I'm gonna try them out this weekend. I'm over from Thirsty Thursday so do pop over and visit me too ….Roxy C xx

5. No. 7 says:

Genius, Patty! Where do you find these things?

• Slidecutter says:

I recalled hollowing out one of those tiny, seedless, watermelons a long time ago; filled it with Jello and fresh fruit….cut it into wedges once it set. Did a search for out-of-the box Jello shots and found this….might be cute for the kids…without the booze of course.

6. Oh my goodness, this is WAY more creative than my Limoncello Spritzer! Love it! Thanks for stopping over at Yummy Mummy. I just opened a weekly linky party and would love for you to join in every Friday and link up any creative post(s) you have!

• Slidecutter says:

Your Limoncello's are wonderful, don't sell them short. Just perfect for these dastardly hot days we're having here in New York.

Looking forward to your Linky!

7. Jules says:

Found you at 'Thirsty Thursday' – this sounds so good, and simple. We don't drink, but there are about a billion ideas flying through my head for 'virgin' versions.

• Slidecutter says:

This is simple, colorful and fun, Jules and, with endless possibilities. I've made these, sans alcohol, with a Lemon Jell-O set in the orange wedges. Let your imagination fly!

Thanks for stopping by!

8. Lozzz123 says:

Wow! What a fantastic idea! I might just have to try those. YUM. Glad I stopped by your blog 🙂

9. Ixy says:

I'm usually a plain water kind of girl, but these look fantastic!! I'm definitely going to try them out.

10. Ashley says:

All your posts just suddenly showed up in my reader. Yay! These are amazing! So making these for our next party!

11. cakeologist says:

I just bookmarked a site the other day that had the same thing only lemon. I don't like lemon and my brain is not smart enough to consider using another flavor. Thank you for this recipe…I am going to need it tomorrow while dealing with my psycho in-laws!