Thirsty Thursday – Beer and a Smoke

Absolutely an off-the-wall cocktail but, hey…it’s Summertime and anything goes, right?

Say yes!

Beer and a Smoke

Start with….
1 tablespoon Kosher salt
1 tablespoon celery salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ounce Sombra mezcal
¾ ounce lime juice
3 dashes Cholula hot sauce
1 dash celery bitters
1 bottle Victory Pilsner beer
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon lime zest

Then….

Rim a Collins glass with salt, celery salt, and sugar.

In a shaker, add the mezcal, lime juice, hot sauce, celery bitters, and ice.

Shake and strain into glass.

Top with beer and garnish with orange and lime zest.

Try it.  You might like it!

Comments

1. No. 7 says:

Hmmmmmm…very interesting, Patty. I'm not sold. LOL!

2. Hmmm…that sounds delicious. It is, as you say very unconventional, but this drink might have a lot of takers for people who have an adventurous side to them!

3. Life with Twins &amp says:

HI, I'm your newest follower for blog hop. Please follow back http://lifewithtwinsandadramaqueen.blogspot.com/

4. Bernie says:

I love that you find the oddest drinks and share them. I originally thought you were going to talk about having a beer and a cigarette. I thought, "Alright, something I can get on board with. "*lol*

• Slidecutter says:

lol Bernie! I posted this crazy cocktail recipe right after I made, yet another, decision to stop smoking; I lasted about 3 hours!
      My bad inner child made me drive to the store on the way to work and pushed me out of the car to buy one more pack….

5. Katie says:

I love the name! And I can get behind the lime and salt…because who doesn't love a Corona with lime and salt? I'm not sure about the rest, but I love hot sauce, so I can't imagine it being bad. Plus, I've never heard of using a beer as a mixed drink, so that's pretty cool. I'm going to have to show this to my husband. I imagine he'll be on board!

6. Lotus Flower says:

That sounds delicious!… I maybe substitute the beer for something else though cause I am not a big beer person!