Tasty Tuesday – Clams Casino

Mmmmmmm…I know, I know!  Deeelish, right, especially if you’re a lover of  bivalves, errrr…Clams!  This recipe is perfect for summer gatherings.

I give you….Clams Casino

36 littleneck clams
4 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
2 red or yellow bell peppers, roasted and peeled, cut into 1-inch squares
12 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch squares
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup dry white wine

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F

Shuck the clams, reserving the clam juice and arranging the clams on the half shell side in a 13 x 11 inch baking dish. Strain the juice through cheesecloth or a very fine sieve into the baking dish. Sprinkle some of the parsley over the clams. Top each clam with a square of roasted pepper. Cover the pepper with two squares of bacon. Using about 3 tablespoons of butter, dot the top of each clam with about 1/4 teaspoon butter. Cut the remaining butter into several pieces and tuck them in and around the clams in the baking dish. Add the wine and remaining parsley to the baking dish.

Bake until the bacon is crisp and the pan juices are bubbling, about 12 minutes. Arrange clams on a warmed serving platter, or divide them among warmed plates. Pour the pan juices into a small saucepan and bring to a boil on top of the stove. Boil until lightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon the juices over the clams and serve immediately.

Comments

1. Jordan says:

I'm from the coast and I've never tried or prepared clams. We've gone clam digging and everything. My mom doesn't like seafood so that must be why. Maybe I'll make some for Jake sometime, to try something new in the kitchen.

You can try this recipe or even use chopped clams to make Clams Oreganata, Jordan. For a first-time clam experience, you might like those better than just baking a whole clam in its shell.

3. Amy says:

Found you from "Nap time creation". Can't believe we made the same mistake by putting our names on the name field on the linky party! LOL

Your claim casino looks amazing! I've always wanted to make this dish but never had a chance..Now I just have to do it soon after seeing your creation! So beautiful and mouth watering.

Just became your newest follower and hope you'll check out my blog and follow back. Have a wonderful day.

Amy

4. Alida says:

my hubby would love these!!

• Slidecutter says:

These work up great on the grille, Alida. I usually cook the bacon first and then top off the raw clams on the BBQ so that the bacon is properly cooked and the clams don't get over-cooked in the process.

Hope you try them and thanks for stopping by! I'm updating all my favs now that I'm here on WordPress so I'll be catching up with your blog soon!

5. Bernie says:

Well isn't that an interesting recipe? I have never heard of them. I mean I have heard of clams, but not this dish. *lol*

• Slidecutter says:

This is a recipe using a whole clam, Bernie; for a first-time try, making Baked Clams using chopped clams, breadcrumbs, etc., for a tasty clam introduction. Not everyone likes whole clams the first time out.

6. emily says:

thanks for linking to Tasty Tuesday. Come back again next week http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/