Thirsty Thursday – Kiwi & Thyme

Wanted to share something, say, a little more exotic!  This signature cocktail is from The Opposite House in Beijing and simply called the Kiwi & Thyme.

No, no, no…I haven’t visited there, silly wabbits!

Gather the following:

2 ounces of Vodka
1 1/2 ounches of Cloudy Apple Juice
1 ounce of Passion Fruit juice
5 fresh sprigs of Thyme
1 fresh Kiwi

1 piece of Lime, quartered

Muddle (I love that word) the Kiwi and Thyme; add all other ingredients and shake. Strain over fresh ice into a highball glass, and garnish with Thyme and Lime.

And there—according to the hotel, the finished product “should resemble the stunning emerald green glass fascade that fronts The Opposite House, adding to the ambiance of Kengo Kuma’s urban forest and reflecting the vibrant street life of the Sanlitun District.”

Here’s the hotel—what do you think?

I’m not all that impressed with it either; it reminds me of the garish color scheme in my first kitchen from the 70’s….but …..this cocktail sounds pretty darn good!

Comments

1. I will muddle the kiwi and thyme and then muddle in the drink for a bit! haha. I don't know about this combo, but I am one to try most anything. Bring it on 🙂 Happy Thirsty Thursday to ya!

2. hehe it has a supremely retro look. I expect to see lots of disco ball lights twirling in the lobby! I like the looks of the drink too. I have some vodka, lime and kiwi, I could make do!cheers, Patty!Grace

3. b. lee says:

yes! ur bringing back memories our green stove & yellow blender 😀 scrumptious cocktail recipe … kiwi & thyme!? yum! * *

4. No. 7 says:

yum yum yum…all that fruit must also provide the daily recommended dose of vitamins, right? Right?

@TGN…have one of these on the long flight back home, lol@Grace…try it and let me know how you like it!@b.lee…oh mercy! Avocado everyfrickinthing as I remember it in our first apartment. If it wasn't green it was Harvest Gold. Drink, my friend, drink…and enjoy!@No.7…everything I share is with you in mind; fruity, healthful and soothing (if not numbing). Feel better, kiddo!

6. Sarah says:

I love how the cocktail matches the building though 🙂 It looks delicious – can't wait to try. I just googled Cloudy Apple Juice – I had never even heard of that! It sounds really good – wish I could find somewhere that sells that on campus!

7. Duff says:

I think this sounds really refreshing. Can't say I have ever thought of mixing kiwi and thyme. Have you tasted this?

@Sarah…I've seen a cloudy Apple Juice in the markets, especially the Health Food stores. Frankly, it's very similar to a bottled Apple Cider.@Duff…Stopped at the market today and picked-up Kiwi and Thyme; will give this a try just because it's been dancing through my head all day. Might even experiment with making it into a frozen Summer drink. I think the combination of everything will be very tasty!

9. I think I'm going to spend an entire weekend drinking the awesome cocktails you post about. And I'm starting with this one. I've only tasted kiwi once in my entire life, but I remember loving it. I'll let you know how the "Another cookie, please" weekend binge goes when it happens 🙂

10. Vic says:

i need to make this tonight! looks and sounds so gooood! love you miss! enjoy the weekend

11. Ross says:

Any way you look at it this sounds like a great drink!