Orange Sunshine

If you loved Orange Creamsicles as a kid or still enjoy them as an adult, you will love this cocktail.

Serve them up for starters or as a creamy delicious finish to a great night.   Add an orange wedge for a great orange aroma when you sip.  If you choose to do these for dessert, add a dollop of whipped cream to make them more decadent.

• 1-1/2 oz. Grand Marnier
  • 2-1/2 oz. vanilla-infused vodka (such as Stoli Vanilla)
  • 2 1/2 cups of orange sherbet
  • 1 cup vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 1 dash vanilla extract
  • 2 cups ice

Add all the ingredients in the blender, adding the ice last. Blend until smooth. Serve in a chilled glass of your choice

Comments

1. Um. Yes please. I will take one.Sounds good, I am going to have to take a break away from tequila and try this cocktail.Enjoy,elena

2. Yum yum yum, and especially if I can have it in a fancy glass like that! Haha. Good recipe Patty 🙂

3. No. 7 says:

Can I drink one for breakfast, Patty? Would that be bad? I love Creamsicles but I've never actually tried the drink version.

@No.7…I try to make each cocktail recipe I share..wholesome. Something that's perfect for Breakfast. lolol@TGN…There's just something about the shape or decoration on glassware that makes even plain water taste better.@Elena…Do try it and enjoy!

5. b. lee says:

luv me some creamsicles * * mouth is watering … a.g.a.i.n ~ ~

6. Rachel says:

Stopping by from FTLOB!! That sounds so good!! I loved Creamsicles when I was a kid!!Hope you have a wonderful day!:)Rachelhttp://www.averyfan.blogspot.com/

7. I SO could use one of these about now. Sounds delicious. It's been so long since I've had a creamsicle. Yum.

8. Kate Weber says:

Oh man! Dreamsicles were the best thing ever! I'm new here, found you through FTLOB! Feel free to check me out too!http://simplykateweber.blogspot.com

9. Ashley says:

I love Thursdays at your place, you always have me dying for a yummy cocktail! xo

@ Rachel and Kate…Thanks so much for stopping by; will be hopping-over to visit both of you!@Katie…The first really warm day we get in NY, I plan on making these when I fire-up the outside kitchen. I', SO ready for Summer!@Ashley…Next week I have another one planned using my fav, JackD. Sinful and Slushy!

11. Amber_D says:

That is the perfect information for a Friday afternoon. Thanks!

12. (drools on keyboard)

13. Mmmm, sounds yummy.

14. Stopping by from the hop, hope you'll come visit, too! http://hisperfectpromises.blogspot.com/

15. Rancher Mom says:

That cake looks tasty!Following you from the blog hop!Come check out my coupons and whatnot!We have cookies!http://rainbowsandunicornfarts.blogspot.com!…Sorry, I couldn't help it. I blame the medication because I threw out my back due to fatness. Love you Patty! (And I totally need to try the dreamsicle booze)

16. Joelle says:

There's this bar by my parent's house that has the most amazing creamsicle martini! My husband is an aspiring bartender himself, so I might need him him to make one of these for me. Visiting from FTLOB. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!xoxoxo,Joelle http://www.wherewelove.blogspot.com

17. actually, I'll take two drinks, thank you!Grace oops I didn't mean to put in my email address! could you delete that earlier one please Patty?

18. VaishVijay says:

This is what I need after a long hot day like, today! Came to your blog via FTLOB…BD wishes to yr g'son's, have a good day:)

19. We love creamsicles and this looks delish! Don't think I should try this before church, might get a little too loopy… then again…Cherie