My favorite “Lemonade”

See this?

Think I’ll order one to fly over my house this summer when we have Barbecues.
What do you think?

Yes, Jack Daniels is my drink of choice, always!
I may share various cocktails on my blog but those are what I serve to others.

For me, it’s a Jack on the Rocks or…..in the Summertime….
Lynchburg Lemonade!!!

Think I’ll buy me one of these too!
You know, for when there’s a crowd?

Would you like the Jack Daniels Lynchburg Lemonade recipe?
Here ya go!!!
Into a tall  Tom Collins glass or, better yet, Mason Jar type mug, add the following:
  • 1 cup ice cubes
  • 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger Jack Daniels Tennessee whiskey
  • 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger sweet and sour mix
  • 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger triple sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
  • 3/4 cup chilled lemon-lime soda (Sprite is just fine)
Here’s to warm Summer days, picnics, fireflies and friends!
                                 Enjoy!

Comments

1. Jordan says:

My glasses are all wide mouth mason jars. Everything tastes better in a mason jar.

2. I like your blog!…Daniel

3. Oh yum yum yum. Perfect for a summer day! I am partial to Texas Tea as well. Strong as heck, but sooo good!

4. No. 7 says:

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm! Is it to early? I'm having the girls over on Saturday. I might steal your idea 🙂

5. b. lee says:

my hubs is a JD sucker * u often have "lemon" somethin' in ur recipes & drinks … I leave these posts with my mouth waterin' … always ~ luv me some lemon * *

6. Love the jars… they're so pretty. And now I'm in the mood for a lemonade, thank you very much:P hi hi I am now following you thanks to Thirsty Thursday Blog Hop and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial going on today. It's very easy and it would look amazing on your blog:) See you there! Happy Thursday

@b.lee…your hub's has great taste. He would love my special Silver Select, Silver Barrel, 100 proof that a friend brings back when he comes through Heathrow's duty-free shop. Can't get it here in the U.S. As far as always sharing Lemons, well, they suit my personality (at times), that's why I wear Black a lot..suits my moods!@DesignItChic….Thanks so much for stopping by; already went to visit you back. Some great info you have there!@No.7…It's never too early; make it and leave those girls with silly, but happy, grins!

8. This sounds wonderful for a lazy hot summer afternoon! We're supposed to be near 80 degrees this weekend in Ohio! Yay! Maybe I'll break out the JD.I'm a new follower from the blog hop!Hope you can hop by and visit me:http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

@Nancy…80 degrees? Well, NY isn't that far away, send some of that welcome heat my way!Thanks for stopping by!

10. Ashley says:

I could use a warm summer day and one of those lemonades! I love the jars as glasses. YUM!

11. In the infamous words of Rachel Ray, "Yum-O!" I like Mike's Hard Lemonade, and I imagine it's nowhere NEAR as good as Lynchburg Lemonade. I'm definitely going to have to try this, but this morning I'm recovering from the margaritas of last night…of course, I could always go with that "hair of the dog that big you" theory :)Oh, and I love drinking out of Mason jar-style glasses. There's nothing better!

12. My father, despite our Irish descent, will touch neither Bushmill's nor Jameson. He's a devoted Jack drinker. I've tried to develop a fondness for American whiskey, but I just can't stand a sour mash. I do like the lemonade recipe, but when it comes to straight whiskey I'm afraid I'll always be more of a Scotch or Irish whiskey type of a girl.

@Ashley…sending you a virtual warm Summer day and Hugs!@Katie…Mike's doesn't compare with this recipe. What's nice with this is that you can make a mixture of this, adding extra Jack, crushed ice and then put it in a blender for a grown-up Slushie!@Erin…We have an Irish friend who is an avid Maker's Mark drinker, also won't touch Bushmill's or Jameson. When I became of drinking age, my father told me that he never wanted to see me holding any drink with a paper umbrella sticking out of the glass; he advised me to appreciate liquor in its base form and never drink recklessly. Probably the only fatherly advice the man ever gave but it's always made sense.

14. Mika says:

That sounds wonderful! I am so ready for summer……..I miss it so!I'm definitely ready for picnics, fireflies,smores and swimming. Sigh……I can see my husband and I having this drink out on the deck. Thanks so much!!

15. Colie says:

Slurpedy slurp slurp!!!! I need some of that right now!!!!

16. zunnur says:

You made me real thirsty with those pics! Got to go to the fridge and get something to drink 🙂

17. oops I didn't mean to put in my email address! could you delete that earlier one please Patty?omg I love that balloon! I could do with a drink after all that blogging fiasco!Grace